At Northern Bicycle Company we are looking for employees who are fun, energetic, customer friendly and hard working.
The bicycle mechanic’s primary responsibilities include tuning and maintaining bikes at our main shop. In addition, helping customers with purchases, and providing warm hospitality to every guest to our shop. The bicycle mechanic’s job is very important as we depend on well prepared bicycles to give the customer peace of mind. The bicycle mechanic reports to the Shop Manager, but is expected to be proactive and be able to manage his or her own time and responsibilities.
- Repair, check, and fix bikes following shop standards.
- Take notes of all the works done on bikes & update the database.
- Keep the inventory of the workshop updated.
- Keep the bench and the workshop clean.
- Provide feedback about bicycles and be a part of the shop team
- Be customer service oriented and personable as you are the face of our company when you receive, service and sell bicycles.
- Assist with related material (such as bicycle accessories, tools, tour preparation materials) and inventory management as needed.
Bicycle Mechanic Skills
This position requires a minimum of 2+ years of shop experience, although exceptions will be entertained.
- Assembling/disassembling and identify different types bottom of brackets
- Wheel building
- Crank arm replacement
- Change derailleurs
- Headset overhaul
- Changing brakes, brake levers and shifter levers Changing all kinds of cables
- Limit screws adjustment (both derailleurs)
- Center brakes
- Chain check, replacement
Other Work Skills:
- Ability to manage his or her own time
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Good team player
- Able to problem solve and work in a fast paced environment.
- The seasonal nature of this job means that there will be weeks when we will work longer hours with the opportunity to take additional days and hours off at other times.
- Basic computer competency
Deadline: Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early as interviews will happen as necessary.
- Send resume to: email@example.com
- A pre-screen interview will be performed either by phone or video call.
- Interview will include about 30 minutes of troubleshooting a bicycle repair
- Before an offer of employment is given, the candidate will be required to arrange reference calls for the interviewer.