When do we start?
We start riding on April 21. If you’re 14 or older, you could join our coaching course on April 14.
Mountain biking is all about having adventure, fun, adrenaline, and discovery. The Sprockids Program teaches young people 55 skills, which enable them to safely and successfully enjoy mountain biking. The program serves as the catalyst in engaging young people, their parents, and others in creating a cycling community where all generations share a common interest and activity, that being cycling and the lifestyle that accompanies it.
Robb Massey, BPE has been coaching children to ride Mountain Bike for 9 years. He is a Sprockids Certified Coach and is a Certified NCCP – Let’s Ride! Community Cycling Initiation Coach. He also writes about cycle touring and riding with kids: robbonhisbike.wordpress.com Robb and his team of volunteers have a few simple values when it comes to kids riding bikes:
- We ride because it’s fun
- Everyone gets to play (and no one sits on the bench)
- Your potential is nearly unlimited
- Cycling is for life
- Success is a great motivator
- Everyone can learn to tell a bad joke.
We want parents to join the ride! Ride Along Membership is available.
In partnership with:
Home Schooling Sprockids
- 4 Weeks of Sprockids riding in various locations around Winnipeg.
- Monday Afternoons in NE Winnipeg
- Wednesdays in South Winnipeg.
- Ask about the special coupon for parents who want to register to Ride Along.
- INCLUDES a Sprockids Jersey for everyone who registers by March 11, a Sprockids T-shirt after March 11.
- Saturdays 8:00 am, 9:30 am or 11:00 am
- April 21, 28, May 5, 12, 26, June 2, 9, 16
- Summer Celebration Ride on Wednesday June 20
- Location: Various trails in NE Winnipeg
Ride Along Membership (no Jersey)
- Want to ride along with your child? This is the highlight for most of our riders as our Ride Along Membership covers you with insurance and lets you join in on the fun of riding.