When do we start?
We start riding just before the September long weekend.
Mountain biking is all about having adventure, fun, adrenaline, and discovery. The Sprockids Program teaches young people 55 skills, which enable them to safely and successfully enjoy mountain biking. The program serves as the catalyst in engaging young people, their parents, and others in creating a cycling community where all generations share a common interest and activity, that being cycling and the lifestyle that accompanies it.
Robb Massey, BPE has been coaching children to ride Mountain Bike for 9 years. He is a Sprockids Certified Coach and is a Certified NCCP – Let’s Ride! Community Cycling Initiation Coach. He also writes about cycle touring and riding with kids: robbonhisbike.wordpress.com Robb and his team of volunteers have a few simple values when it comes to kids riding bikes:
- We ride because it’s fun
- Everyone gets to play (and no one sits on the bench)
- Your potential is nearly unlimited
- Cycling is for life
- Success is a great motivator
- Everyone can learn to tell a bad joke.
We want parents to join the ride! Ride Along Membership is available.
In partnership with:
$135 (until July 2)
Early Bird Registration
- Register before July 2, 2017 and you are eligible for our Early Bird pricing.
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
- INCLUDES a Sprockids Technical Jersey for everyone who registers by August 4
- 2 Special Rides:
- Wednesday August 30 (6:30-8:00 pm) - Welcome Back BBQ & Ride
- Wednesday October 17 (6:30-8:00 pm) - Family Fun Ride
- 6 Saturday Club Rides: (Sept 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct 7 & 14)
- 6-9 yrs old - 9:00 am
- 9-12 yrs old - 10:30 am
- Location: Various trails in NE Winnipeg
Ride Along Membership
- Want to ride along with the kids? Contact us for more details on how you can get in on the fun!